sobota, 6 czerwca 2009

DIY LEE Filters holder

A few days ago I bought LEE Filters swatchbook for my 580EXII speedlite (yes, I bought it - although it should be free to get, Polish distributor takes extra money for it, unfortunately). The most popular method to mount a gel from swatchbook on a flash is using a velcro on each gel (see lighting-101-using-gels-to-correct). But there is almost 300 gels in the swatchbook! True, only few gels are used (so one can use velcro to that gels), but what with the others? Don't tell me that you will stick velcro on almost 300 gels. I haven't feel doing this either, so I did transparent straps with velcro to mount every gel without sticking anything on it.

At first I needed a strong, transparent foil. Fortunately, a few days ago my girlfriend bought a bonnet with strong, transparent, elastic case. The case was pretty handy (for a bonnet) and she didn't want to give it to me, but 3Bit XXL + Bounty did a deal. ;)

Next step I cut several straps..

..and made some drills on the endings of straps for better glue binding.

On strap endings I stuck velcro (,,soft'' from one side and ,,hard'' from the other, so other gear with velcro may be joined to straps).

With these straps gels can be mounted easily on a flash.

Straps can be used either vertical or horizontal.



And when straps are long enough, other light modifiers like snoots or grids can be mounted without any problems.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz